Veggie dining

October 26, 2012

A weekend back in September I met up with one of my very good friends, Rosita, to say goodbye before setting off for Uni. She is a vegetarian, and I decided to cook for her. I was really excited as I often eat meat-less food, but have never actually made my own falafel. This was to be the day.

We started with halloumi, humous and griddled vegetables


Which was followed by sweet potato falafel wraps, with more humous/ perinaise and salad.

For the falafel I used this recipe.


Having fun with the huge and pretty aesthetically unappealing sweet potato!


We chopped up the beast of the sweet potato, microwaved it, and peeled it.
We then mixed it with the flour, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, and garlic.
After shaping them into balls and popping them in the oven for about 30 mins we griddled them to get a bit of a crunchy outside.




And there you have your falafel wrap!
I found these wraps in Sainsburys, I tell you this because they really were great; they were a kind of flatbread/ wrap consistency and I haven't seen them before.
It was a very tasty, easy and relaxed dinner, definitely to be repeated. I had a wonderful evening with Rosita. Throughout the entire evening we had 'Gangham Style' in our heads- definitely a good cooking and washing up anthem!

Has anyone been to 'Leon', a healthy fast food restaurant? I love it, and this meal reminded me of their food.

I hope you have a lovely weekend!


1 comment:

  1. arg, i'm a veggie and this is the most exciting menu i've come acroos in ages, can you have me round for dinner?!

    Poppy
    lets drive far away

    ReplyDelete