Sticky Maple-Apple Traybake: The Great British Bake Off

April 28, 2013

This recipe came from one of the Great British Bake Off books that I was lucky enough to receive from someone who evidently knew me very well. It was the first recipe I have baked and I can foresee myself trying out many of the others.



It was a nice moist tray-bake cake with juicy apples, perfect for the family to share over afternoon tea, on return from a walk, or for an after-dinner treat.

You can find the recipe over on Rachel's blog or in the book linked above.


Freshly baked and removed from the oven before icing.

Post-icing. Time for a sit down.

It was very much enjoyed by my parents who have been spending their weekends doing DIY or gardening. Get yourself some Brownie points too!


Lisa from United Cakedom says this recipe is on the Great British Bake Off app. Sounds like a worthwhile purchase I think!


3 comments:

  1. I wonder if it's in the Great British Bake Off cookbook that I have, I shall have to check tomorrow as it looks delicious! I adore pretty much any cakes/muffins/tray bakes with apple in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TeaDrinkingBookLover8 May 2013 at 10:22

    There are so many different versions of the Great British Bake Off cookbooks that I get very confused, but I'm sure that in all them there are some incredibly tasty treats.
    Yes, fruit in cakes is never a let down, the flavours of the fruit come out and the cake is always so moist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love some too :). The cake looks absolutely amazing! x

    ReplyDelete